Tuesday 23 November 2010

Ideas For Narrative Brainstorm

My teacher thought it would be a good idea to brainstorm some a few ideas for my short film to help broaden my options and better my project. I came up with three basic incidents with two ways for the initial story to digress to further the narrative and together we managed to decide on the most ideal option.
I like anything I film to have a clear sense of realism similar to the style of Federico Forcolini, for this a film often needs the audience to see characters undertaking menial tasks or having relationships we can relate to such as showing the relationship between best friends or mother and daughter.

There were a few issues raised about some of the ideas I had to start my project with such as the idea of filming a teenager drinking alcohol and going out for the night is very over used in student films and rarely executed well. A few other points came to light with other ideas such as reminiscing about a loved one would require flashbacks which will a minimal budget and equipment could easily end up looking tacky and poorly constructed.

My teacher and I discussed my options and we both voted for the use of 'Meeting a stranger' as it has the most potential as a successful short film, looking through my research into short films proves to be a popular choice amongst other film makers and allows me a wide spectrum of possible paths my story can take whilst being a realistic option for a minimal budget and provided equipment.

No comments:

Post a Comment