Friday 3 December 2010

First Script Draft

This is how far I have come with my first draft of the script so far and will be running it through with my teacher later on today..


EXT: HIGH STREET – MORNING
Yasmin hurrying downhill with bag by her side, looking both ways before crossing.
CUT TO:
Opening credits showing title.
CUT TO:
EXT: FRONT DOOR OF HOUSE - MORNING
Yasmin knocking on door erratically and checking watch, looking flustered. She opens door and enters the house.
CUT TO
INT: HOUSE - MORNING
YASMIN: Come on Daisy! Its 5 to 9 we can’t be late again! You know what she’s like.
DAISY: Alright, alright, I can’t find my other shoe! I can’t go to work in one bloody shoe!
YASMIN: Oh Daisy, why are you wearing those ones anyway? They’re hardly practical for work.
Daisy manages to find other shoe and sits at the bottom of the stairs proceeding to put it on...
DAISY: Oh fine, maybe you’re right. Where did I put my boots?
Daisy turns around to walk upstairs to get a different pair of shoes...
YASMIN: No No! Those ones are fine! Let’s go.
DAISY: Alright, come on then, is my hair okay?
Daisy attempts to check hair in mirror
YASMIN: Get out.
Pushes Daisy out the door as she her watch.
CUT TO
EXT: HIGHSTREET - MORNING
YASMIN: How was your weekend did you go Motion?
DAISY: Nah, Rosie backed out at the last minute.
YASMIN: Oh well apparently is wasn’t that good anyway, Luke said  it was a bit overcrowded.
DAISY: I guess, its just good to get out of this town occasionally.
                Hey who’s that? He looks a bit odd doesn’t he.
Daisy points over at a strange looking man sitting on bench staring off into space.
YASMIN: Don’t point! It’s just some guy; now he’s gunna know we’re talking about him.
DAISY: I don’t think so look he’s just staring off into space.
YASMIN: He looks a bit sad, try not to stare at him, I feel quite bad for him.
DAISY: Yeah but look at him he looks well odd, i mean whats he doing?
YASMIN: He’s probably just waiting for someone, don’t be so nosy.
Yasmin taps Daisy gently on the shoulder.
DAISY: Touchy, if you love him so much why don’t you just go over and talk to him.
Daisy switches places with Yas and pushes her towards the pavement.
YASMIN: I do not LOVE him!
Yasmin playfully pushes Daisy away.
DAISY: He does look proper weird though; maybe he’s escaped from that mental institute in Wells! Maybe he’s gone AWOL or something!
YASMIN: Oh Daisy, You always jump to conclusions you’re such a drama queen.
DAISY: I wonder how long he’s gunna be there for, it’s freezing out here.
YASMIN: I know, but hey maybe He’s got a bus to catch or something.
CUT TO:
INT: HAWTHORNS HOTEL - MORNING
DAISY: Hey Yas have you seen Ellie recently?
YASMIN: Yeah, shes still dating that creepy guy, Can you believe he’s twelve years older than her?.
DAISY: Didn’t you hear about the tattoo?
YASMIN: Oh please tell me she didn’t!
DAISY: Yep, She’s got his name tattooed in big letters across her back!
YASMIN: What? You can’t be serious? That’s... That’s...
EILEEN: (Calls out from the Kitchen) Daisy that washing up is not gunna do itself! and Yas it doesn’t sound like you’re doing much work either!
DAISY: (Rolls eyes)Coming! Yeah check it out on facebook when you get a chance.
Yasmin sighs and carries on wiping down the bar.
CUT TO:
INT: STAFF ROOM - MIDDAY
Yasmin and Daisy Sit down to lunch
YAS: Hey have you applied for that job yet? (Continues to eat)
DAISY: The one in Bath? Nah they’ve already filled the position. (Picks up Sandwich)
YASMIN: What about the one in Clarks, I know its not the best job in the world but it’s better pay and we can’t stay here forever.
DAISY: Yeah but Tim’s working there now.
YASMIN: You guys still not talking?
DAISY: not really, it’s just too awkward, I can’t be working 9 to 5 next to a guy I spent a year of my life with.  That would be enough emotional distress to put me in the loony bin with that weirdo from the bench.
YASMIN: Ha-ha you still going on about that? He was probably just waiting for someone. I’m starting to think you’re the crazy one.
DAISY: Might explain why I enjoy your company.

No comments:

Post a Comment