Monday 24 January 2011

Editing day - Take two

I arrived at college to take advantage of the edit suite and fine edit my film, I had a slim chance of finishing everything today but I thought I may as well dedicate the whole day from 9 am until 3:30 pm to do as much as possible and maybe finish everything with time to spare so as I can fully dedicate myself to completing my ancillary tasks to go with my main product.

The fine editing has been going pretty well, I'm pleased with how a large amount of shots fit together effortlessly however a few of the transitions between certain shots seem quite jumpy and unprofessional, I've inserted fades with certain shots and audio to try help the scenes flow properly and there is now a noticeable difference between yesterdays work and todays.

I stuck to basic transitions as my storyline is about real life situations or at least a plausible plot line so I don't want scenes to wipe across the screen like an 80's sci-fi or dissolve into the next scene like a power point presentation. I want a basic story with a more natural narrative and time scale and for this it is important to not get to trigger happy when editing, to keep things looking as real as possible.

I'm having some trouble finding a way to insert a title screen or credits so it is something I will have to come in another day and figure out but overall I think the day was productive and I feel more relaxed about the amount of work left to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment