Thursday 6 January 2011

Rose Choice

This is a complicated and very important prop, I need the rose to be visible in the shots that I use and obvious that its a rose, the connotations attached to it are extremely important so I need it to have the right look, the right colour, the right size etc so I took some stills to help me decide which Rose to use.

Rose No1



Rose No2



Rose No3 





Rose No1 has a classic look which again is what I'm going for in the film, Its actually made out of wood which  gives it an upper hand but when photographed its hard to tell that its fake which is a good sign. Rose No2 photographs really well but im not sure about the other flowers with it, I don't want the gesture to seem lavish, just dimple but thoughtful. One of my Actors, Alun, also brought to my attention that having a real Rose could cause problems with continuity if we have to shoot on two separate occasions. Rose No3 is made out of plastic which is positive however it is black and I feel a black Rose could send a different message than I initially want in this scene.
I will be using Rose No1 for filming as it has proved to be close to the description of the Rose I wanted as well as being efficient and hard waring in comparison to a real Rose.

No comments:

Post a Comment